Changes for version 0.02
- Rewrote signals. Signals now propagate from parent to child sessions. "Terminal" signals now only kill sessions that don't otherwise handle them.
- Allowed subsecond resolution in Kernel.pm if Time::HiRes is available. See the docs for POE::Kernel::alarm().
- Added POE::Kernel::delay() for "time() + $seconds" alarms. Uses Kernel's time(), which may be from Time::HiRes.
- Parent sessions will now wait around until all child sessions finish, unless they're explicitly killed off.
- Fixed a blessing bleed that caused implicitly returned objects to die in the wrong scope (confounding resource management).
- Added tests/proxy.perl, a simple line-based proxy example.
- POE - the Perl Operating Environment
- POE::Driver - perform IO on a filehandle
- POE::Driver::SysRW - boilerplate sysread and syswrite
- POE::Filter - convert between raw and cooked streams
- POE::Filter::Line - convert between line- and stream-based IO
- POE::Kernel - manage events, selects and signals for POE::Session instances
- POE::Session - a state machine, driven by POE::Kernel
- POE::Wheel - extend POE::Session by adding new states
- POE::Wheel::FollowTail - follow the end of a file, notifying a session whenever a complete unit of information appears
- POE::Wheel::ListenAccept - accept connections for a listening IO::Socket
- POE::Wheel::ReadWrite - glue to connect select(2), a POE::Driver, a POE::Filter and the current POE::Session