Changes for version 3.000 - 2015-08-16
- Bug Fixes
- Literal ampersands and left angle brackets are encoded as html entities when necessary to avoid interpretation as html. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28496298/escape-angle-brackets-using-podmarkdown
- API Changes
- Make accessors read/write (instead of read-only) for consistency with Pod::Simple classes.
- Passing unknown arguments to the constructor now produces a warning and in the future may throw an error.
- For consistency with the other html-entity changes, NBSP characters (U+00A0) are now used literally for S<> sequences. This also fixes a bug with code spans nested inside of S<> sequences.
- New Attributes
- Add `html_encode_chars` attribute to allow customizing what characters should be html entity encoded.
- Add `match_encoding` attribute to use the same encoding as the input pod when writing to the output handle.
- Add `output_encoding` attribute to specify the desired encoding to apply to the output handle.
- pod2markdown script
- Remove documentation for deprecated API (parse_from_file(), parse_from_filehandle(), and as_markdown()) to further discourage use.
- New Packages
- Added Pod::Perldoc::ToMarkdown to enable `perldoc -o Markdown ...` Pod::Markdown maintains a backward compatible interface that is incompatible with perldoc's `-o` so this module has been added to enable the functionality. Thanks to Alberto Simões for investigating (gh-12) and providing some code to fix it (gh-13).
- pod2markdown - Convert POD text to Markdown