Changes for version 0.045 - 2008-12-26
- API Changes/Compatibility Information:
- [Beta] Torrent resume system (see Net::BitTorrent::Notes).
- Net::BitTorrent::Torrent->hashcheck() clears the bitfield when it begins.
- Resolved Issues/Bugfixes:
- Close related sockets on N::B::DESTROY (left behind FIN_WAIT1 on Win32).
- Protocol/Behavioral Changes:
- DHT actually works. For real this time.
- Documentation/Sample Code/Test Suite:
- scripts/bittorrent.pl supports resume (overwrites .torrent file).
- No non-compatible API changes so upgrade is suggested.
- The announce and discussion lists have been combined into a single list found at http://groups.google.com/group/net-bittorrent.
- All code is now covered by the Artistic 2 License (actually since v0.040 but I failed to mention it in the changelog).
- the RIAA stops suing people and will, instead, cancel your 'net service (http://tinyurl.com/4h9omj) and bed your crush.
- Australia plans to filter BitTorrent. (http://tinyurl.com/95uvg5) ...eventually (http://tinyurl.com/a4juwy).
- Net::BitTorrent - BitTorrent peer-to-peer protocol class
- Net::BitTorrent::DHT - Kademlia based Distributed Hash Table
- Net::BitTorrent::Peer - Remote BitTorrent Peer
- Net::BitTorrent::Protocol - Packet utilities for the BitTorrent protocol
- Net::BitTorrent::Torrent - Class Representing a Single .torrent File
- Net::BitTorrent::Torrent::File - BitTorrent File I/O Class
- Net::BitTorrent::Torrent::Tracker - Single BitTorrent Tracker Tier
- Net::BitTorrent::Torrent::Tracker::HTTP - Single HTTP BitTorrent Tracker
- Net::BitTorrent::Torrent::Tracker::UDP - Single UDP BitTorrent Tracker
- Net::BitTorrent::Util - BitTorrent Related Utility Functions
- Net::BitTorrent::Version - Net::BitTorrent's project-wide version numbers