Changes for version 2.01 - 2013-12-31
- Promoting changes from 0.37 to 2.00_03 to a stable release. (This being the first protocol v2 stable release.)
- Minor performance tweaks.
Changes for version 2.00_03 - 2013-12-29
- FREEZE/THAW hooks for object serialization.
- Test improvements (allowing for partial parallel run)
- Minor optimizations.
Changes for version 2.00_02 - 2013-10-28
- Sereal::Encoder now requires Sereal::Decoder for better testing.
- Fix Test::Warn dependency problem of 2.00_01.
Changes for version 2.00_01 - 2013-10-01
- NEW PROTOCOL VERSION: V2
- User-data in header functionality: You may embed arbitrary Sereal-serializable data in a document header. The document header isn't compressed, so this is ideal for retrieving small chunks of meta-data (eg. routing information) without having to deserialize the entire document.
- Relocatable Sereal document bodies
- Encoder never emits non-incremental Snappy encoding for V2
- Offsets now 1-based in relocatable format, not 0
- Fixed VERY obscure (and rare) memory leak.
- Improved error messages
- Remove warning about Sereal not being production-grade (because it IS).
- Detect when the Snappy compression was net negative in size and back out
- C89/Windows fixes (bulk88)
- 5.18 compat: Skip test failing due to hash-randomization (Zefram)
- Sereal::Encoder - Fast, compact, powerful binary serialization
- Sereal::Encoder::Constants in lib/Sereal/Encoder/Constants.pm