Changes for version 0.3.3 - 2017-08-22
- For this release, many thanks go to Slaven Rezic, who found that Test::More::is() (or Test2::Formatter::TAP::write()) clobbers $^E on Windows.
- RT #105125 is addressed: The tests now use a copy of $^E taken before Test::More gets a chance to touch it.
- Further, the Test::Trap test methods might also clobber $^E (via Test::More or other modules), so they now localize $^E before invoking the callback.
- Regression tests have been added for this.
- Test::Trap - Trap exit codes, exceptions, output, etc.
- Test::Trap::Builder - Backend for building test traps
- Test::Trap::Builder::PerlIO - Capture strategy using PerlIO::scalar
- Test::Trap::Builder::SystemSafe - "Safe" capture strategies using File::Temp
- Test::Trap::Builder::TempFile - Capture strategies using File::Temp