Changes for version 0.99_10 - 2005-12-11
- THIS RELEASE IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE ****
- TO PREVIOUS VERSIONS SO READ THE PODS ****
- event_dispatch() is gone forever: Its job is now done by three separate functions event_mainloop, event_one_loop, event_one_nbloop. Chose the one most appropriate. Those are no longer instance methods either.
- new interface for exception handlers
- it's no longer OK to enter the event loop (previously with event_dispatch) more than once. A warning will be raised in such a case and it will be turned into a no-op.
- explicit use of free()/event_free() will raise a warning.
- event_log_level() allows to specify which libevent log-messages to display
- Internal changes:
- the garbage-collecting has been radically re-done: event_free() is now _strongly_ deprecated. Events are instead freed when they are no longer needed.
- libevent's event_set is no longer called from (event|timer|signal)_new but from event_add() which most notably fixes many ref-count and clean-up issues but is also slightly more efficient.
- many spurious items were removed form the list of exported symbols.
- tiny fixes for Makefile.PL: -DHAVE_CONFIG_H is now passed and 'perl Makefile.PL CCFLAGS=-static' is possible (thanks to <harm AT tty DOT nl> and one anonymous RT-requestor)
- many additions to the test-suite
- countless additions to the PODs
- All of the above has been done with the help and imperturbable patience of Stas Bekman <stas AT stason DOT org> and the other chaps from MailChannels (http://mailchannels.com)
- Event::Lib - Perl extentions for event-based programming