Changes for version 1.0 - 2006-03-17
- THIS RELEASE IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE ****
- TO PREVIOUS VERSIONS SO READ THE PODS ****
- event_dispatch() is gone forever: Its job is now done by three separate functions event_mainloop, event_one_loop, event_one_nbloop. Chose the one most appropriate. Those are no longer instance methods either. See the section "ENTERING THE EVENT-LOOP" in the documentation for details.
- new interface for exception handlers. See the section "EXCEPTION HANDLING" in the documentation.
- event_free/free are gone and event_del/del have become remove(). See the section "EVENT LIFECYCLE" in the documentation to learn how event-cleanup is now done.
- it's no longer OK to enter the event loop (previously with event_dispatch) more than once. A warning will be raised in such a case and it will be turned into a no-op.
- event_log_level() allows to specify which libevent log-messages to display
- event_init no longer needs to be called in child processes
- there's an extensive debugging-interface, enabled via $ perl Makefile.PL DEFINE=-DEVENT_LIB_DEBUG in case you run into problems with your application.
- access to the additional event arguments via the args() and args_del() instance-methods. This will allow you to change the arguments on the fly without having to create a fresh event.
- the documentation is a lot more comprehensive now hopefully less ambiguous.
- a new and extensive test-suite.
- There is probably more which I forgot. All of the above has been done with the help and imperturbable patience of the hackers at mailchannels.com (Stas Bekman, Ken Simpson, Mike Smith). Event::Lib 1.0 owes them big time!
- Event::Lib - Perl extentions for event-based programming