Changes for version 0.10 - 2011-01-03
- Add : The new constant LT_FORKSAFE can be tested to know whether the module will behave nicely when fork()ing. It's currently always true except on Windows where you need perl 5.10.1 for it to be true.
- Chg : perl 5.8.3 is now required (instead of 5.8.0).
- Fix : Scope leaks under perl 5.8-5.10.0.
- Fix : Segmentation faults and misbehaviours in threaded applications.
- Fix : Compatibility with perl 5.13.1 and higher.
- Fix : Broken linkage on Windows with gcc 3.4, which appears in particular when using ActivePerl's default compiler suite. For those setups, the autovivification shared library will now be linked against the perl dll directly (instead of the import library).
- Tst : Threads tests are now only run on perl 5.13.4 and higher. They could segfault randomly because of what seems to be an internal bug of Perl, which has been addressed in 5.13.4. There is also an environment variable that allows you to forcefully run those tests, but it should be set only for author testing and not for end users.
- Lexical::Types - Extend the semantics of typed lexicals.