Changes for version 0.029
- No changes since 0.028_01, but with CPAN testers being green bird, I thought a production release in order.
Changes for version 0.028_01
- Date::Manip and Time::y2038 are no longer 'recommended' but 'optional'. This means not telling the tool chain about them, but doing custom checks, and custom, gentler messages about why you might (or might not!) want these modules. Centralize the decision about what time routines to use in Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils, and have it export to the other modules, the tests, the 'satpass' script, and the example scripts. Rewrite t/parse_date.t so that it no longer needs Time::y2038. Instead, it uses precomputed times, which it offsets for the target system's epoch when it runs. The above was done in an attempt to clarify the role of the optional modules, and cases where they might not be desirable. Thanks to Christopher Sylvain for identifying the problems and working with me on their solution. Rewrite the time portions Astro::Coord::ECI::OVERVIEW to better reflect the current state of the time handling. Plus, retitle it so that hopefully it will actually appear in the distribution.
- Astro::Coord::ECI - Manipulate geocentric coordinates
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Moon - Compute the position of the Moon.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Star - Compute the position of a star.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun - Compute the position of the Sun.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE - Compute satellite locations using NORAD orbit propagation models
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Iridium - Compute behavior of Iridium satellites
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Set - Represent a set of data for the same ID.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils - Utility routines for astronomical calculations