Changes for version 0.043
- The earthquake (Mineral Virginia USA) fire (Great Dismal Swamp) and flood (hurricane Irene) edition. Updated the canned Iridium status in Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE for McCants' and Sladen's reporting of Iridium 26 (OID 24903) as out of service. They also updated Iridium 23 (OID 24906) to show it in service rather than failed, but I have continued to follow Kelso in calling it a spare. Other than this, only documentation changes, mostly relating to the deprecation of the 'limb' attribute and its relation to the new 'edge_of_earths_shadow' attribute.
Changes for version 0.042_02
- In the satpass script, use the new 'edge_of_earths_shadow' setting in the 'flare' and 'position' commands, though the flare calculation does not actually make use of it.
Changes for version 0.042_01
- Replace the Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE 'limb' attribute and the satpass 'lit' setting with the 'edge_of_earth_shadow' attribute and setting. The new attribute and setting are numeric, and specify an increase in elevation (or decrease if negative) in units of the apparent radius of the body. The replaced attribute and setting still exist, but are deprecated, and will begin warning in the first release after March 1 2012. This setting/attribute is used by the pass calculation. Provide an Astro::Coord::ECI azel_offset() method, which takes, as its optional second argument, an offset applied to the elevation, in terms of the apparent radius of the body whose position is being calculated. The two-argument version of the azel() method is now deprecated, and will begin warning in the first release after March 1 2012. Override the Astro::Coord::ECI correct_for_refraction() method in Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE, Astro::Coord::ECI::Moon, and Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun. The override simply returns the input elevation unmodified.
- Astro::Coord::ECI - Manipulate geocentric coordinates
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Moon - Compute the position of the Moon.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Star - Compute the position of a star.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun - Compute the position of the Sun.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE - Compute satellite locations using NORAD orbit propagation models
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Iridium - Compute behavior of Iridium satellites
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Set - Represent a set of data for the same ID.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils - Utility routines for astronomical calculations