Changes for version 0.061_02
- Have Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE magnitude() method set the station's time. Correct logic for building the fold_case() utliity subroutine under Perls before 5.16.
Changes for version 0.061_01
- Computation of (perhaps very) approximate magnitudes for satellites is now supported. Changes to support this include:
- A magnitude() method on all classes that represent satellites;
- An intrinsic_magnitude attribute (defaulting to undef) on Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE objects;
- Default intrinsic_magnitude to 7 on Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Iridium objects;
- A canned table of intrinsic magnitudes in Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE which includes most of the objects in the Celestrak visual list, with magnitudes from Mike McCants' mcnames.zip and vsnames.zip files;
- Support in the Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE parse() method to set the magnitude of satellites that are in the table;
- Static method magnitude_table() on Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE to maintain the canned magnitude table;
- Modify the Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun magnitude() method to take an observing station argument (which is ignored) to be consistent with the same-named Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE method.
- The precess() and precess_dynamical() methods now do nothing to objects set to Earth-fixed coordinates. Previously they were converted to Ecliptic (and therefore inertial) coordinates, which manifested as a bug when the observing station was an attribute of a star. Support new (to us) Space Track JSON keys FILE, OBJECT_TYPE, ORDINAL and ORIGINATOR with same-named (except for being lower case) attributes. Method body_type() now returns the 'object_type' attribute if that is defined. If not it computes its return from the object name, like it always has.
- Astro::Coord::ECI - Manipulate geocentric coordinates
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Mixin - Provide common methods without multiple inheritance.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Moon - Compute the position of the Moon.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Star - Compute the position of a star.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun - Compute the position of the Sun.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE - Compute satellite locations using NORAD orbit propagation models
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Iridium - Compute behavior of Iridium satellites
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Set - Represent a set of data for the same ID.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils - Utility routines for astronomical calculations