Changes for version 0.010_05 - 2020-03-24
- Normalize interpolation before feeding to PPI. This produces a more-easily-analyzed PPI parse.
- The ->variables() method is now discouraged. It was written to support Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitUnusedVarsStricter, but turned out to be inadequate for the job.
Changes for version 0.010_04 - 2020-03-19
- Revert "Try to get correct line number in derived PPI"
- This reverts commit bca421a3a0050dfabee65f69ad5a54e771b67550.
- The reverted commit tried to convince PPI to get the correct line number (as opposed to logical line number) by padding the beginning of the derived document with "\n". This turned out to be very slow when the original document was tens or hundreds of thousands of lines long.
- Add 'short' option to dumper. This removes leading 'PPIx::QuoteLike::' from class names.
Changes for version 0.010_03 - 2020-03-12
- Correct injected white space removal in ppi().
Changes for version 0.010_02 - 2020-03-12
- Try to get correct line number in derived PPI. This is done by injecting "\n" as needed. The initial #line directive becomes "#line 2", but is suppressed if I need to generate line 1.
Changes for version 0.010_01 - 2020-03-11
- Deprecate new() argument postderef. At this stage it is only documented as deprecated. In the first release after October 1 2020 it will warn on the first use. Eventually it will be retracted, and postfix dereferences will always be recognized. This is the default behavior now.
- Correct bracket matchers to accept multiple lines. This was, in some cases, causing interpolations to be misclassified as unknown tokens.
- PPIx::QuoteLike - Parse Perl string literals and string-literal-like things.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Constant - Constants needed by PPIx-QuoteLike
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Dumper - Dump the results of parsing quotelike things
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token - Represent any token.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Control - Represent case and quote control
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Delimiter - Represent a string delimiter
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Interpolation - Represent an interpolation
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::String - Represent an uninterpolated string
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Structure - Represent the structure of the string.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Unknown - An unknown token
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Whitespace - Represent insignificant white space.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Utils - Utility subroutines for PPIx::QuoteLike;