Changes for version 0.011 - 2020-03-31
- Normalize interpolation before feeding to PPI. This produces a more-easily-analyzed PPI parse.
- The ->variables() method is now discouraged. It was written to support Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitUnusedVarsStricter, but turned out to be inadequate for the job.
- Deprecate new() argument postderef. At this stage it is only documented as deprecated. In the first release after October 1 2020 it will warn on the first use. Eventually it will be retracted, and postfix dereferences will always be recognized. This is the default behavior now.
- Correct bracket matchers to accept multiple lines. This was, in some cases, causing interpolations to be misclassified as unknown tokens.
- PPIx::QuoteLike - Parse Perl string literals and string-literal-like things.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Constant - Constants needed by PPIx-QuoteLike
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Dumper - Dump the results of parsing quotelike things
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token - Represent any token.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Control - Represent case and quote control
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Delimiter - Represent a string delimiter
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Interpolation - Represent an interpolation
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::String - Represent an uninterpolated string
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Structure - Represent the structure of the string.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Unknown - An unknown token
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Token::Whitespace - Represent insignificant white space.
- PPIx::QuoteLike::Utils - Utility subroutines for PPIx::QuoteLike;