Changes for version 0.060
- Fix compatibility with forks 0.29 (now a minimum requirement) and later.
- Behavior change *** All variables now retain their pre-existing values after being shared. This may cause slow sharing of a variable if the variable contained many values or was very large, or may trigger errors if the variable contained value(s) that are not valid for sharing. Rule of thumb: always undef a variable before sharing it, unless you trust any pre-existing value(s) to be sharable.
- Improved shared variable memory management: more efficient use of BDB environment resources on a per-thread basis.
- Now correctly handles tmpdir locations with non-alphanumeric chars in the path.
- Support forks::BerkeleyDB::shared->set_deadlock_option.
- Silence spurious warnings when pushing undef values on shared array.
- Close unused environment resources in shared server.
- Integrated all forks 0.30 tests.
- forks::BerkeleyDB - high-performance drop-in replacement for threads
- forks::BerkeleyDB::shared - high-performance drop-in replacement for threads::shared
- forks::BerkeleyDB::shared::array - class for tie-ing arrays to BerkeleyDB Recno
- forks::BerkeleyDB::shared::handle - class for tie-ing handles to threads with forks
- forks::BerkeleyDB::shared::hash - class for tie-ing hashes to BerkeleyDB Btree
- forks::BerkeleyDB::shared::scalar - class for tie-ing scalars to BerkeleyDB Recno