17 Dec 2020 01:25:02 UTC
- Browse (raw)
- How to Contribute
- Issues (0)
- Testers (89 / 0 / 0)
- KwaliteeBus factor: 1
- 12.56% Coverage
- License: unknown
- Activity24 month
- Download (295.67KB)
- MetaCPAN Explorer
- Subscribe to distribution
- This version
- Latest versionMLEHMANN Marc A. Lehmann
Changes for version 1.8
- no bugfixes in this release due to lack of known bugs, but the major changes in this release might have introduced new bugs, so watch out.
- update large decoder example to disable OPT_AUTOCHK and use Smerge -1.
- some micro-optimisations.
- avoid costly string comparisons by comparing hashes when isnerting items, which speeds up insertion by a constant factor.
- improve uulist (and other) structure layout and size.
- reverse the order of file list items, which heuristically improves match speed with large usenet file lists.
- use getc instead of fgetc, which makes no difference on gnu/linux.
- clean up _FP symbol names toi not start with an underscore.
- use feof_unlocked and ferror_unlocked.
- implement a faster ascii-only strnicmp.
- misc very minor code improvements.
- remove quite a bit of pre-posix/dos/etc. cruft.
- use flockfile, if available, for a potential but small speed gain.
- speed up inner yenc decoder loop.
- kentnl said that this module should no longer claim to be a simple interface to uulib, as the bunndled copy is now better maintained than the original upstream library.
Modulesdecode uu/xx/b64/mime/yenc/etc-encoded data from a massive number of files
Module Install Instructions
To install Convert::UUlib, copy and paste the appropriate command in to your terminal.
perl -MCPAN -e shell install Convert::UUlib
For more information on module installation, please visit the detailed CPAN module installation guide.