21 Mar 2006 06:31:45 UTC
- Browse (raw)
- How to Contribute
- Testers (2 / 461 / 0)
- KwaliteeBus factor: 0
- 68.13% Coverage
- License: open_source
- Perl: v5.8.0
- Activity24 month
- Download (54.91KB)
- MetaCPAN Explorer
- Subscribe to distribution
- This version
- Latest versionMATHEW Mathew Robertsonand 1 contributors
- Mathew Robertson
Changes for version 0.5
- Re-work of when L::M die's. It was found that a single translation could cause the translation engine (and thus the application) to die. Since people may update a few hundred translations in a single sitting, finding bad translations was hard. This release changes the behaviour so that badly formed translations dont cause L::M to die - rather, it now just returns a partially translated string with an error keyword.
- Re-wrote the RuleManager as it didn't correctly handled undef'ed arguments. ie: it would die, when in reality undef is a valid value for an argument.
- Vastly enhanced the numeric formatting capabilities so that numbers can be formatted in many more combinations.
- Enhanced the [_x] syntax so that now you can pass in specific run-time formatting options. This is needed because some languages format number differently depending on the context of the string itself.
- The file and directory backing-stores can now load text strings which span multiple lines that are backslash-escaped.
- Added 'println' function and 'print' overload feature.
ModulesLanguage translation facilitybase-class of the backing store functionality.Base-class for a database driven backing store.Retrieve translations from a table within a PostgreSQL database.Retrieve translations from files located in a specified directory.Retrieve language translations for all supported languages, from a single file.base class for language-specific handling.Custom language handling for English.rule instance for a given translation.Numeric translation/stringificationOverload of print to automate translationsLanguage rule sort and evaluation object.Collection of useful functions
Module Install Instructions
To install Locale::MakePhrase, copy and paste the appropriate command in to your terminal.
perl -MCPAN -e shell install Locale::MakePhrase
For more information on module installation, please visit the detailed CPAN module installation guide.