Bundle::Interchange4 - A bundle of the modules nice to have for Interchange 4.
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange4'
This bundle installs the prerequisites for Interchange as well as some modules that are not strictly necessary.
(Interchange was formerly known as Minivend.)
After installing this bundle, it is recommended that you quit the current session and then run Interchange's
makecat program. That will give you the benefit of line completion and history.
The core functions of Interchange will run with a stock Perl, but to use some features of Interchange (like the administrative interface) you will need these modules.
- MD5 This module is used to generate unique cache keys. If you don't have it, then keys will be computed with a checksum that has a very low but not infinitesimal chance of causing a cache conflict.
- Bundle::LWP Certain parts of these modules (URI::URL and MIME::Base64) are required for Interchange's internal HTTP server. Also, Business::UPS, for calculating shipping, requires this.
- Storable If you have this module session save speed increases by anywhere from 25-60%. Highly recommended for busy systems.
- Business::UPS Enables lookup of shipping costs directly from www.ups.com.
- SQL::Statement Enables SQL-style search query statements for Interchange.
- Safe::Hole This helps Interchange deal with the object-creation restrictions of Safe.pm, used to encourage security.
- DBI Most people want to use SQL with Interchange, and this is a requirement. You will also need the appropriate DBD module, i.e. DBD::mysql to support MySQL.
- Term::ReadKey Helps Term::ReadLine::Perl generate completions and editing.
- Term::ReadLine::Perl Gives you filename completion and command history in the makecat program. Not used otherwise.
Mike Heins, <email@example.com>
1 POD Error
The following errors were encountered while parsing the POD:
- Around line 113:
You forgot a '=back' before '=head1'