Bundle::Minivend - A nice to have modules for MiniVend
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Minivend'
This bundle installs the prerequisites for MiniVend as well as some modules that are not strictly necessary.
After installing this bundle, it is recommended that you quit the current session and then run MiniVend's
makecat program. That will give you the benefit of line completion and history.
None of the bundled modules are really needed for MiniVend, but some functions require on them and you will be limited without them.
- MD5 This module is used to generate unique cache keys. If you don't have it, then keys will be computed with a checksum that has a very low but not infinitesimal chance of causing a cache conflict.
- Bundle::LWP Certain parts of these modules (URI::URL and MIME::Base64) are required for MiniVend's internal HTTP server. In addition, Data::Dumper makes the output of session dumps more readable.
- Storable If you have this module session save speed increases by anywhere from 25-60%. Highly recommended for busy systems.
- Business::UPS Enables lookup of shipping costs directly from www.ups.com.
- SQL::Statement Enables SQL-style search query statements for MiniVend.
- Term::ReadKey Helps Term::ReadLine::Perl generate completions and editing.
- Term::ReadLine::Perl Gives you filename completion and command history in the makecat program. Not used otherwise.
- DBI Necessary if you want to use MySQL or some other SQL database.
Mike Heins, <email@example.com>
1 POD Error
The following errors were encountered while parsing the POD:
- Around line 83:
You forgot a '=back' before '=head1'