Net::SNMP::XS - speed up Net::SNMP by decoding in XS, with limitations
use Net::SNMP::XS; # loading it is enough, there are no public symbols
This module tries to speed up Net::SNMP response packet decoding.
It does this by overriding a few selected internal method by (almost) equivalent XS methods.
This currently reduces decode time by a factor of ten for typical bulk responses.
There are currently the following limitations when using this module:
- overriding internal functions might cause the module to malfunction with future versions of Net::SNMP
- error messages will be simpler/different
- translation will be ignored (all values will be delivered "raw")
- a moderately modern (>= C99) C compiler is required
- only tested with 5.10, no intentions to port to older perls
- duplicate OIDs are not supported
- REPORT PDUs are not supported
Marc Lehmann <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://home.schmorp.de/