- What's the difference between OrePAN 2 and OrePAN1?
- SEE ALSO
OrePAN2 - Yet another DarkPAN manager.
You can create your own Perl module archive with OrePAN2! It's very simple and useful.
- 1. Inject tarballs from git repo or archive file via orepan2-inject.
- 2. Make 02packages.details.txt.gz via orepan2-indexer.
Download a tarball from CPAN.
% orepan2-inject http://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/M/MA/MAHITO/Acme-Hoge-0.03.tar.gz /path/to/darkpan/
% orepan2-indexer /path/to/darkpan/
Then you can install Acme::Hoge from DarkPAN!
% cpanm --mirror-only --mirror=file:///path/to/darkpan/ Acme::Hoge
It's pretty easy!
What's the difference between OrePAN 2 and OrePAN1?
- OrePAN2 has a cleaner interface.
- OrePAN2 provides an OO-ish interface
You can use OrePAN2 as a library.
- OrePAN2 uses modern modules like Parse::LocalDistribution.
OrePAN1 did a lot of heavy lifting on its own. OrePAN2 delegates most tasks to other CPAN modules.
- OrePAN2 is active project
OrePAN1 is now in maintenance mode, but OrePAN2 is still under active development.
Copyright (C) tokuhirom.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.