- TO-DO list of niceties for the future of Git::Hooks.
- Support the WIN32 Platform
- Improve documentation
- L10N pt_BR
- In CheckAcls implement DENY for ACL operations
- Implement equivalents for the SVN::Hooks plugins
- Implement the Scott Chacon example hooks
- In CheckLog allow for stop words
- CheckLog should check the footer of the commit log message
- CheckJira post-receive hook
- Turn t/test-functions.pl into a module
- COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
TODO - Ideas for future versions of Git::Hooks
TO-DO list of niceties for the future of Git::Hooks.
The following list is no order whatsoever. Any comments or other suggestion are welcome at gnustavo AT cpan.org.
Support the WIN32 Platform
Currently we abort the build on
A plugin developer tutorial
Revise documentation and make it more uniform
Follow the advice in 13 Things People Hate about Your Open Source Docs
Use Locale::TextDomain to internationalize it?
As a first job after i18n I intend to nationalize it to Brazilian Portuguese.
In CheckAcls implement DENY for ACL operations
Along the lines of NFSv4 ACLs (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5661#section-6). I'm thinking about prefixing the what component with a '!'.
Implement equivalents for the SVN::Hooks plugins
Currently we're missing DenyFilenames and UpdateConfFile. Actually, I'm thinking that UpdateConfFile is too much specific. Perhaps something along the lines of this post-update hook would be more interesting: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/279169/deploy-a-project-using-git-push.
Implement the Scott Chacon example hooks
In CheckLog allow for stop words
CheckLog.spelling should have a way to register stop words. I'd have to ask for a change in Text::SpellChecker.
CheckLog should check the footer of the commit log message
The Gerrit default
commit-msg implements some checks that could be used here. Some other things to check:
- Require Signed-off-by lines (https://github.com/icefox/git-hooks/blob/master/git_hooks/commit-msg/signed-off-by)
- Duplicate Signed-off-by lines (https://github.com/icefox/git-hooks/blob/master/contrib/commit-msg/duplicate-signedoffby)
CheckJira post-receive hook
Mikko Koivunalho suggested that Git::Hooks::CheckJira could be modified so that it would not just check that the ticket exists, but actually copy the commit message to the ticket.
Turn t/test-functions.pl into a module
Idea provided by Skye Shaw to make its functions usable by third-party plugins. Something like Git::Hooks::Test.
Gustavo L. de M. Chaves <email@example.com>
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2015 by CPqD <www.cpqd.com.br>.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.