Changes for version 2.99_09
- Implemented TODO-in-PLAN syntax for TAP version 12 and earlier.
Changes for version 2.99_08
- Tiny changes. New version pushed to get some smoke coverage.
Changes for version 2.99_07
Changes for version 2.99_06
- Added skip_all method to TAP::Parser.
- Display reason for skipped tests.
- make test now self tests.
Changes for version 2.99_05
- Fix for occasional rogue -1 exit code on Windows.
- Fix for @INC handling under CPANPLUS.
- Added real time to prove --timer output
- Improved prove error message in case where 't' not found and no tests named.
Changes for version 2.99_04
- Fixed bug where 'All tests successful' would not be printed if bonus tests are seen.
- Fixed bug where 'Result: FAIL' would be printed at the end of a test run if there were unexpectedly succeeding tests.
- Added -M, -P switches to allow arbitrary modules to be loaded by prove. We haven't yet defined what they'll do once they load but it's a start...
- Added testing under simulated non-forking platforms.
Changes for version 2.99_03
- Refactored all display specific code out of TAP::Harness.
- Relaxed strict parsing of skip plan for pre v13 TAP.
- Elapsed hi-res time is now displayed in integer milliseconds instead of fractional seconds.
- prove stops running if any command-line switches are invalid.
- prove -v would try to print an undef.
- Added support for multiplexed and forked parallel tests. Use prove -j 9 to run tests in parallel and prove -j 9 --fork to fork. These features are experimental and currently unavailable on Windows.
- Rationalized the management of the environment that we give to test scripts (PERL5LIB, PERL5OPT, switches).
- Fixed handling of STDIN (we no longer close it) for test scripts.
- Performance enhancements. Parser is now 30% - 40% faster.
Changes for version 2.99_02
- Ensure prove (and App::Prove) sort any recursively discovered tests
- It is now possible to register multiple callback handlers for a particular event.
- Added before_runtests, after_runtests callbacks to TAP::Harness.
- Moved logic of prove program into App::Prove.
- Added simple machine readable summary.
- Performance improvement: The processing pipeline within TAP::Parser is now a closure which speeds up access to the various attribtes it needs.
- Performance improvement: Test count spinner now updates exponentially less frequently as the count increases which saves a lot of I/O on big tests.
- More improvements in test coverage from Leif.
- Fixes to TAP spooling - now captures YAML blocks correctly.
- Fix YAMLish handling of empty arrays, hashes.
- Renamed TAP::Harness::Compatible to Test::Harness, runtests to prove.
- Fixes to @INC handling. We didn't always pass the correct path to subprocesses.
- We now observe any switches in HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES.
- Changes to output formatting for greater compatibility with Test::Harness 2.64.
- Added unicode test coverage and fixed a couple of unicode issues.
- Additions to documentation.
- Added support for non-forking Perls. If forking isn't available we fall back to open and disable stream merging.
- Added support for simulating non-forking Perls to improve our test coverage.
- Version numbers below this point relate to TAP::Parser - which was the name of this version of Test::Harness during its development.
- App::Prove - Implements the prove command.
- TAP::Base - Base class that provides common functionality to TAP::Parser and TAP::Harness
- TAP::Formatter::Color - Run Perl test scripts with color
- TAP::Formatter::Console - Harness output delegate for default console output
- TAP::Formatter::Console::ParallelSession - Harness output delegate for parallel console output
- TAP::Formatter::Console::Session - Harness output delegate for default console output
- TAP::Harness - Run test scripts with statistics
- TAP::Parser - Parse TAP output
- TAP::Parser::Aggregator - Aggregate TAP::Parser results
- TAP::Parser::Grammar - A grammar for the Test Anything Protocol.
- TAP::Parser::Iterator - Internal TAP::Parser Iterator
- TAP::Parser::Iterator::Array - Internal TAP::Parser Iterator
- TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process - Internal TAP::Parser Iterator
- TAP::Parser::Iterator::Stream - Internal TAP::Parser Iterator
- TAP::Parser::Multiplexer - Multiplex multiple TAP::Parsers
- TAP::Parser::Result - TAP::Parser output
- TAP::Parser::Result::Bailout - Bailout result token.
- TAP::Parser::Result::Comment - Comment result token.
- TAP::Parser::Result::Plan - Plan result token.
- TAP::Parser::Result::Test - Test result token.
- TAP::Parser::Result::Unknown - Unknown result token.
- TAP::Parser::Result::Version - TAP version result token.
- TAP::Parser::Result::YAML - YAML result token.
- TAP::Parser::Source - Stream output from some source
- TAP::Parser::Source::Perl - Stream Perl output
- TAP::Parser::YAMLish::Reader - Read YAMLish data from iterator
- TAP::Parser::YAMLish::Writer - Write YAMLish data
- Test::Harness - Run Perl standard test scripts with statistics