Changes for version 0.012
- Change: f03d4e1d02911665fb8eb4a3cd55de0ac8073370 Author: Ben Tyler <email@example.com> Date : 2019-06-19 19:27:35 +0000
- Remove Devel::Size.
- Some profiling indicated that it was by far the most expensive part of Devel::Optic. With it enabled, throughput on a "hello world" Mojolicious app dropped to about 50% of normal. Without it, overhead was small enough to be nearly unmeasureable.
- This has the downside that Devel::Optic now _always_ summarizes.
- A better conceptual approach would be to write a custom serializer: start traversing the data structure and adding to the serialized representation. When that representation becomes too big, stop and send it. That would get maximum information for minimum size. However, the current strategy (always do a basic one-level summary) is much simpler to implement, so we'll start with this and await some feedback.
- Devel::Optic - Production safe data inspector
- Devel::Optic::Lens::Perlish - Perl-ish syntax for querying data structures
- Devel::Optic::Lens::Perlish::Constants - Useful constants for the Perlish lens
- Devel::Optic::Lens::Perlish::Interpreter - Basic recursive interpreter for Perlish lens
- Devel::Optic::Lens::Perlish::Parser - Lexer/parser for Perlish lens