Changes for version 0.077 - 2021-07-22 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Added a `patch` helper method for the HTTP `PATCH` verb.
- If the REQUEST_METHOD environment variable is set, then CGI_HTTP_PROXY replaces HTTP_PROXY.
- Unsupported scheme errors early without giving an uninitialized value warning first.
- Sends Content-Length: 0 on empty body PUT/POST. This is not in the spec, but some servers require this.
- Allows optional status line reason, as clarified in RFC 7230.
- Ignore SIGPIPE on reads as well as writes, as IO::Socket::SSL says that SSL reads can also send writes as a side effect.
- Check if a server has closed a connection before preserving it for reuse.
- Clarified that exceptions/errors result in 599 status codes.
- Optional IO::Socket::IP prereq must be at least version 0.32 to be used. This ensures correct timeout support.
A small, simple, correct HTTP/1.1 client