Changes for version 1.12 - 2014-12-14
- Repoint HACKING file.
- Make a jobserver connection use the command timeout during exception negotiation.
- Make $taskset->add_task use the command timeout to not hang during job submission.
- Add a client option 'command_timeout' to indicate how long we should wait before considering a gearman command to have failed. This not the same as a job timeout, and only affects commands that should generally not block apart from the roundtrip on the network.
- When a connection to a gearman server fails, start counting how many failures we've had and do an exponential backoff (1s, 4s, 9s, 16s...) to a maximum of 90 seconds (default) that we treat the server as 'gone' quickly.
- Change dispatch_background to share code paths with other dispatching, this will make background jobs now be hashed to a particular server (rather than handed to a random server)
- Gearman::Client in lib/Gearman/Objects.pm
- Gearman::Job in lib/Gearman/Worker.pm
- Gearman::JobStatus in lib/Gearman/JobStatus.pm
- Gearman::Objects in lib/Gearman/Objects.pm
- Gearman::ResponseParser in lib/Gearman/ResponseParser.pm
- Gearman::ResponseParser::Taskset in lib/Gearman/ResponseParser/Taskset.pm
- Gearman::Task in lib/Gearman/Objects.pm
- Gearman::Taskset in lib/Gearman/Objects.pm
- Gearman::Taskset in lib/Gearman/Taskset.pm
- Gearman::Util in lib/Gearman/Util.pm