Changes for version 0.03 - 2004-09-11
- Now compiles with older versions of FreeType, at least back to 2.0.9. There are macro #if directives to conditionalize the code on the version, based on the FreeType changelogs and grepping of various versions of the source, so it should work with lots of different versions now. The POD documents the features that aren't available in older versions.
- Various changes to make it compile under Perl 5.6.1.
- When loading a bitmapped font, set the pixel size to the first fixed size, which should usually be the right thing. Seems to be necessary on older versions of FreeType (at least 2.0.9) which don't do this automatically.
- Added a few more tests for extracting bitmaps (including from a Windows FNT format file added to the distribution), and made tests that use the BDF font skip if the version of FreeType is too old to support BDF fonts.
- Don't export the FT_LOAD_RENDER or FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME symbols, because they aren't needed. The bitmaps are always rendered when you ask for the bitmap image, and you can pass FT_RENDER_MODE_MONO to bitmap() to avoid antialiasing.
read font files and render glyphs from Perl using FreeType2
font typefaces loaded from Font::FreeType
glyphs from font typefaces loaded from Font::FreeType