Changes for version 1.00 - 2005-07-03
- The module has been rewritten in C. By hooking the WriteFile API function in all the modules loaded by the script, it is possible to interpret the escape sequences just before they are written in the console. This suppresses several previous versions limitations:
- no tied handles (we can duplicate STDOUT or STDERR as usual and the module works now with IPC::Open2 and IPC::Open3)
- the bug with the join method is fixed. We can use threads.
- The conversion of the Windows codepage to the console codepage (ANSI to OEM conversion) is done by the internal Windows functions. The Encode module is not used anymore (the exe made with PAR are smaller).
- The module is smaller and faster.
Perl extension to emulate ANSI console on Win32 system.