Changes for version 0.02 - 2007-12-15
- first public release.
- Changes since 0.01:
- Fully restartable code was replaced with classic fill-the-buffer-first approach: it turned out that restartability doesn't add much advantage. Lots of beautiful and ugly code gone away.
- Added support for multiple servers (select machine, CRC32, timeouts).
- Added script/compare.pl to compare this module to the original Cache::Memcached, and also to measure speed in general.
- Added Unix socket support, SIGPIPE handling (proper ignoring actually ;)).
- Added support for serialization of Perl data structures, and for compression.
- New commands: incr, decr, gets, gets_multi, cas, enable_compression, remove (alias to delete).
- New client parameters: connect_timeout, io_timeout (aka select_timeout), compress_threshold, compress_ratio, compress_algo, max_failure, failure_timeout.
- Finally added documentation!
- Added support for server weights.
- Added the Ketama consistent hashing algorithm.
- Added default tests as generated with Module::Starter. Main test case is still messy, should be split into several tests.
- There's also support for 'noreply'-enabled memcached, but those patches are not (yet) accepted to mainline, so 'noreply' is not an official feature and is not documented.
- Cache::Memcached::Fast - Perl client for memcached, in C language