Changes for version 0.08 - 2008-01-24
- this is mostly a cleanup release, that also improves decompression speed.
- Changes since 0.07:
- compress_alog was replaced with more generic compress_methods. It turned out that IO::Uncompress::Gunzip is much (~4x) slower than Compress::Zlib, so the latter is used as the default for compress_methods. Besides, previous mechanism didn't scale well.
- Implemented the check of constructor arguments to catch various typos (enabled by default), and new 'check_args' parameter to disable it.
- Workaround "cast from integer to pointer of different size" warning on 64-bit platforms.
- Removed 127.0.0.x from test cases since not all hosts resolve such addresses when x is not 1.
- Use plain malloc()/free() instead of Newx()/Safefree() in XS. This should fix the build with Perl versions 5.6.0--5.8.6.
Perl client for memcached, in C language