Changes for version 3.10 - 2016-08-01
- Remove . from @INC when loading optional modules. [Tony Cook, Perl RT#127834, CVE-2016-1238]
- Removed the default Net::Cmd::timeout() since it inadvertently overrode the timeout() method in whatever IO::Socket::INET-like class sub-classes of Net::Cmd also derive from (at least in cases where Net::Cmd takes precedence in the method resolution, which it should do so that Net::Cmd::getline() overrides IO::Handle::getline()).
- This does cause problems for any Net::Cmd sub-classes that don't provide (by whatever means) the necessary parts of the interface of IO::Socket::INET, but since they mostly seem to anyway (apart from the one that led to the CPAN RT#110978 report!) this is now simply a documented requirement.
- CPAN RT#116345
- libnetFAQ - libnet Frequently Asked Questions
- Net::Cmd - Network Command class (as used by FTP, SMTP etc)
- Net::Config - Local configuration data for libnet
- Net::Domain - Attempt to evaluate the current host's internet name and domain
- Net::FTP - FTP Client class
- Net::FTP::dataconn - FTP Client data connection class
- Net::NNTP - NNTP Client class
- Net::Netrc - OO interface to users netrc file
- Net::POP3 - Post Office Protocol 3 Client class (RFC1939)
- Net::SMTP - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Client
- Net::Time - time and daytime network client interface