Changes for version 2.00
- (Earl Hood, earl<AT>earlhood<DOT>com)
- This is the first non-beta release of the rewrite of dtdparse 0.97. The following highlights changes from beta releases:
- The package root namespace has changed from XML:: to SGML::. This was mainly done to avoid conflicts and confusion with numerous XML:: modules on CPAN (including the closely named XML::DTDParser). Also, DTDParse does support SGML DTDs and XML is a formal subset of SGML, so using SGML:: seems appropriate.
- The release contains several bug fixes from last beta release along with added documentation: POD has been added for all scripts and a general overview documentation is provided via the meta-module SGML::DTDParse.
- Documentation is still needed for the main modules.
- A new script, dtddiff (along with dtddiff2html) has been added that performs a context-like diff between two parsed DTDs.
- dtdparse script modified to behave more like common Unix programs with respect to input and output. If no DTD filename is provided on the command-line, the DTD will be read from standard-input. If --output is not specified, then XML output is sent to standard-out. This change allows dtdparse to be used in a command pipeline.
- Files have been reorganized to facilitate installation via Perl's standard installation process. See README for details.
- Version numbering modified to match style used by Perl modules: 2.0.0 => 2.00.
- DTDParse is now distributed under the Artistic License or the GNU General Public License. See README, Artistic, and COPYING.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Primary maintenance of DTDParse has been transitioned from Norman Walsh to Earl Hood.
- $Id: Changes,v 2.2 2005/07/16 03:30:24 ehood Exp $
Compare two SGML/XML DTDs
Convert DTD difference to HTML.
Flatten an SGML/XML DTD.
Read a DTDParse XML file and produce formatted documentation
Generate an XML representation of an SGML or XML DTD.
Parse an SGML or XML DTD
Parse an SGML or XML DTD.
DTDParse utility routines.