Net::SSLGlue - add/extend SSL support for common perl modules
Some commonly used perl modules don't have SSL support at all, even if the protocol supports it. Others have SSL support, but most of them don't do proper checking of the server's certificate.
Net::SSLGlue::* modules try to add SSL support or proper certificate checking to these modules. Currently support for the following modules is available:
- Net::SMTP - add SSL from beginning or using STARTTLS
- Net::POP3 - add SSL from beginning or using STLS
- Net::FTP - add SSL and IPv6 support to Net::FTP
- Net::LDAP - add proper certificate checking
- LWP - add proper certificate checking for older LWP versions
There is also a Net::SSLGlue::Socket package which combines ssl and non-ssl and ipv6 capabilities to make it easier to enhance modules based on IO::Socket::INET.
This module and the modules in the Net::SSLGlue Hierarchy distributed together with this module are copyright (c) 2008-2015, Steffen Ullrich. All Rights Reserved. These modules are free software. They may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself.