Changes for version 1.015
- Fixed many of fetchware author tests that were holding up development.
- Including many fixes for fetchware when fetchware is run as root.
- Behavior change! Now when fetchware fails due to error and returns nonzero it will not clean up its tempdir so that you can more easily troubleshoot a failed run of fetchware by examining its tempdir.
- Previously, when fetchware failed it deleted everything out from under you with no way to keep it. This may cause some build up of annoying fetchware directories in your temp dir (just fetchware clean them), but thats better then not being able to troubleshoot failures when they do happen, and you care about them.
- A --keep-temp command line option was added that uses File::Temp's global, $File::Temp::KEEP_ALL, to turn off deleting any temporary files and directores that had CLEANUP or UNLINK turned on.
- Fetchware's CTRL-C signal handler still cleans up after fetchware, because when you type CTRL-C you typically just want the program dead and gone without a directory you still have to cleanup.
- Fixed github#5 in commit a3abee63 by making the regex more generic, but still good enough to test what it needs to test.
- During testing all tests that add packages to your fetchware database instead add them to a temporary database that is deleted during testing. This avoids any problems of weird "testing" packages remaining in your fetchware database due to a botched test or two.
- Fixed a bug that caused Fetchwarefiles with no_install turned on to avoid installing your program, but they would still eroneously create and add a fetchware package to your fetchware database, which cause any upgrade-all runs to actually install this fetchware package. Now, no_install means no install.
- Fixed all annoying "Use of uninitialized value" warnings in test suite, and am commited to not let any more back in. I love taking advantage of undef, but these warnings stink. Don't get too excited as some warnings were left, because they happen mostly when exceptions get thrown or directly because of how things are tested in the test suite. Furthermore, I took my training wheels off, and finally ditched use diagnostics in each test file. I don't need it anymore, and it makes CPAN Tester reports extra annoying.
- fetchware - Fetchware is a package manager for source code distributions.
- App::Fetchware - App::Fetchware is Fetchware's API used to make extensions.
- App::Fetchware::Config - Manages App::Fetchware's internal representation of Fetchwarefiles.
- App::Fetchware::CreateConfigOptions - Used by fetchware extensions to create their configuration options.
- App::Fetchware::ExportAPI - Used by fetchware extensions to export their API subroutines.
- App::Fetchware::Fetchwarefile - Helps Fetchware extensions create Fetchwarefiles.
- App::Fetchware::Util - Miscelaneous functions for App::Fetchware.
- App::FetchwareX::HTMLPageSync - An App::Fetchware extension that downloads files based on an HTML page.
- Test::Fetchware - Provides testing subroutines for App::Fetchware.