Changes for version 0.3 - 2003-08-24
- Moved file test operator stuff to a subroutine called inodetype()
- Actually implemented the --file-compat switch
- Added the -L and -i commandline switches for file(1) compatibility
- Fixed a few bugs with relative file names
- Changed the script 'mimeinfo' back to 'mimetype' because rox has a '--mime-type' switch doing the same thing as this script.
- Added the describe() method for getting human readable descriptions
- Implemented the commandline switches --desc and --output-format
- Changed the script 'mimetype' to 'mimeinfo'
- added some commandline options to make this script a little file(1) compat
- added some file test operators for determining types from the inode/* class.
- use utf8 binmode for filehandles
Changes for version 0.30 - 2020-10-26
- Added function File::MimeInfo::has_mimeinfo_database() to test if mimeinfo database is found
- mimetype and mimeopen now exit with an error code if no mimeinfo database is found
- Added explicit dependency on Encode::Locale
- Properly decode parameters for `mimeopen` and `mimetype`. Patch provided by Nikos Skalkotos
- Fix for undefined defaults (fixes #36). Reported & fix provided by Martin Vassor
- Improved installation instructions, specifically on macOS, by Oleg Kostyuk & Michiel Beijen
various code snippets
Open files by mimetype
Determine file type
Determine file type from the file name
Find programs to open a file by mimetype
Determine file type with magic
Open files by mimetype "Rox style"