Changes for version 5.90059_005
- Specify newested versions of some middleware in attempt to solve test errors reported while installing.
Changes for version 5.90059_004
- Make sure IO handle objects do 'getline' before sending them to the response callback, to properly support the PSGI specification.
- Added some backcompat code when setting a response body to an object that does 'read' but not 'getline'. Added deprecation notice for this case. Added docs to Catalyst::Delta.
- Catalyst::Delta contains a list of behaviors which will be considered deprecated immediatelty. Most items have workarounds and tweaks you can make to avoid issues. These deprecations are targeted for removal/enforcement in the Catalyst 6 release. Please review and give your feedback.
- More middleware to replace inline code (upasana++)
- Documentation around Exceptions and how we handle them.
- update copyright notices.
Changes for version 5.90059_003
- More documentation about alternative ways to setup middleware.
- removed unneeded use of Devel::Dwarn in test case that was causing fails to install (sorry).
- When finalizing caught errors, if the error conforms to the interface as described by Plack::Middleware::HTTPExceptions, rethrow it and let the middleware deal with it.
Changes for version 5.90059_002
- We now pass a scalar or filehandle directly to you Plack handler, rather than always use the streaming interface (we are still always using a delayed response callback). This means that you can make use of Plack middleware like Plack::Middleware::XSendfile and we expect better use of server features (when they exist) like correct use of chunked encoding or properly non blocking streaming when running under a supporting server like Twiggy. See Catalyst::Delta for more. This change might cause issues if you are making heaving use of streaming (although in general we expect things to work much better.
- In the case when we remove a content body from the response because you set an information status or a no content type status, warn that we are doing so when in debug mode. You might see additional debugging information to help you find and remove unneeded response bodies.
- Updated the code where Catalyst tries to guess a content length when you fail to provide one. This should cause less issues when trying to guess the length of a funky filehandle. This now uses Plack::Middleware::ContentLength
- Removed custom code to remove body content when the request is HEAD and swapped it for Plack::Middleware::Head
- Merged fix for regressions from stable..
Changes for version 5.90059_001
- Removed deprecated Regexp dispatch type from dependency list. If you are using Regex[p] type dispatching you need to add the standalone distribution 'Catalyst::DispatchType::Regex' to you build system NOW or you application will be broken.
- Catalyst - The Elegant MVC Web Application Framework
- Catalyst::Action - Catalyst Action
- Catalyst::ActionChain - Chain of Catalyst Actions
- Catalyst::ActionContainer - Catalyst Action Container
- Catalyst::ActionRole::ConsumesContent - Match on HTTP Request Content-Type
- Catalyst::ActionRole::HTTPMethods - Match on HTTP Methods
- Catalyst::Base - Deprecated base class
- Catalyst::ClassData - Class data accessors
- Catalyst::Component - Catalyst Component Base Class
- Catalyst::Component::ApplicationAttribute - Moose Role for components which capture the application context.
- Catalyst::Component::ContextClosure - Moose Role for components which need to close over the $ctx, without leaking
- Catalyst::Controller - Catalyst Controller base class
- Catalyst::DispatchType - DispatchType Base Class
- Catalyst::DispatchType::Chained - Path Part DispatchType
- Catalyst::DispatchType::Default - Default DispatchType
- Catalyst::DispatchType::Index - Index DispatchType
- Catalyst::DispatchType::Path - Path DispatchType
- Catalyst::Dispatcher - The Catalyst Dispatcher
- Catalyst::Engine - The Catalyst Engine
- Catalyst::EngineLoader - The Catalyst Engine Loader
- Catalyst::Exception - Catalyst Exception Class
- Catalyst::Exception::Basic - Basic Catalyst Exception Role
- Catalyst::Exception::Detach - Exception for redispatching using $ctx->detach()
- Catalyst::Exception::Go - Exception for redispatching using $ctx->go()
- Catalyst::Exception::Interface - Role defining the interface for Catalyst exceptions
- Catalyst::Log - Catalyst Log Class
- Catalyst::Model - Catalyst Model base class
- Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding - Unicode aware Catalyst
- Catalyst::Request - provides information about the current client request
- Catalyst::Request::Upload - handles file upload requests
- Catalyst::Response - stores output responding to the current client request
- Catalyst::Runtime - The Catalyst Framework Runtime
- Catalyst::Script::CGI - The CGI Catalyst Script
- Catalyst::Script::Create - Create a new Catalyst Component
- Catalyst::Script::FastCGI - The FastCGI Catalyst Script
- Catalyst::Script::Server - Catalyst test server
- Catalyst::Script::Test - Test Catalyst application on the command line
- Catalyst::ScriptRole - Common functionality for Catalyst scripts.
- Catalyst::ScriptRunner - The Catalyst Framework script runner
- Catalyst::Stats - Catalyst Timing Statistics Class
- Catalyst::Test - Test Catalyst Applications
- Catalyst::Utils - The Catalyst Utils
- Catalyst::View - Catalyst View base class
- Catalyst::Exception::Base in lib/Catalyst/Exception.pm