Changes for version 0.10.0 - 2020-05-09
- Adopted the official regular expression from the SemVer FAQ for strict parsing by new(), as well as a modification of that regex for the more lenient cases supported by declare() and new(). This results in the following changes in the behavior of the parser:
- SemVers with build metadata but no prerelease are now valid, e.g. `1.1.2+meta`
- SemVers with a numeric-only prerelease part are no longer valid if that part has a leading zero, e.g., `1.2.3-123` is valid but `1.2.3-0123` is not
- Restored support for prerelease and build metadata parts are in declare() and parse()
- Added tests for the official SemVer test corpus as linked under the FAQ about an official regular expression: https://semver.org/#is-there-a-suggested-regular-expression-regex-to-check-a-semver-string
- Added explicit boolean overloading to ensure consistent behavior between different implementations of the version parent class.
Use semantic version numbers