Changes for version 0.039_05
- Fix yet more problems in Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE->pass():
- Do not report passes which ended before the prediction interval started.
- Rework the implementation of the 'interval' attribute to be (hopefully!) more efficient, and to fix incorrectly-reported illuminations.
- Fix a regression in the code that calculates the maximum altitude of the satellite. The regression was introduced in 0.039_03.
- Fix incorrect rise (and sometimes max) times when the pass is in progress when the prediction interval starts and the 'visible' attribute is false. The previous fix only worked if the 'visible' attribute was true. Add Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE attribute 'lazy_pass_position', to give the pass() method permission not to calculate and report event position if the event's time can be calculated without calculating position. The satpass script's 'verbose' setting now works as advertised.
Changes for version 0.039_04
- Re-fix the time-zone-dependant test failures in t/tle_flare.t.
Changes for version 0.039_03
- Fix more problems in Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE->pass():
- Fix detection and calculation of events of visible passes which begin during the day, or any pass in progress at the beginning of the computation interval.
- Detect passes that end shortly before the end of the computation interval. This was a bug introduced in 0.039_01 or later. Have Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE->parse() throw a warning if it can not understand the --effective date, and record the effective date as undef. Also allow --effective dates without a fractional part of the second. Add more tests to try to capture all these changes.
Changes for version 0.039_02
- Fix various problems in Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE->pass(), also brought to my attention by Jaap Meijers:
- Incorrect time of maximum elevation when only one of the original one-minute samples is above the horizon.
- Sporadic detection of passes which spend less than a minute above the horizon.
- Potentially, sporadic detection of passes which spend less than a minute illuminated before daylight occurs. I have no examples of this, though.
- Add tests for Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE->pass(). More are needed.
Changes for version 0.039_01
- Make the Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE pass() method more lenient when screening for passes in which the satellite is illuminated. Thanks to Jaap Meijers for bringing this to my attention.
- Astro::Coord::ECI - Manipulate geocentric coordinates
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Moon - Compute the position of the Moon.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Star - Compute the position of a star.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun - Compute the position of the Sun.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE - Compute satellite locations using NORAD orbit propagation models
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Iridium - Compute behavior of Iridium satellites
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Set - Represent a set of data for the same ID.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils - Utility routines for astronomical calculations