Changes for version 0.061 - 2014-01-13
- On install, warn that I intend to remove the 'install satpass' question asked by Build.PL and Makefile.PL. The only way to install the satpass script will be to run Build.PL or Makefile.PL with the '-y' option. Also warn of eventual package name change, from 'Astro-satpass' to 'Astro-Coord-ECI'. Warn every time Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE->parse() encounters JSON key SATNAME. This was removed while Space Track's REST interface is still in beta. Computation of a Doppler shift based on the station's 'frequency' attribute is now fatal. The body's 'frequency' attribute should be set instead. Remove all references to the satpass 'lit' setting and the corresponding Astro::Coord::ECI 'limb' attribute, which were deprecated out long since. Remove all mention of the 'upper' argument to the Astro::Coord::ECI azel() method. It's still an exception to pass a second argument, though. Remove all references to SOAP::Lite in the satpass code, except for POD saying it was gone. Various changes to Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE to try to support prospective classes representing non-orbiting objects. These are experimental, and may change or be retracted with little or no notice. The hope is a class that can represent the objects in one of NASA's .kmz files that are published for certain launches. These include:
- Refactoring illumination and periodic position calculations in the pass() method;
- Add public method intrinsic_events(), which returns events intrinsic to the body, rather than observational ones like rise and set, and call it in the pass() method;
- Add protected (and therefore doubly experimental) method __pass_backup_earliest() to limit how hard the pass() method tries to find a rise time when the pass starts with the body above the horizon. I have no idea whether the class this is in support of will ever see the light of day.
- Improve Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils::find_first_true() documentation.
- Astro::Coord::ECI - Manipulate geocentric coordinates
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Mixin - Provide common methods without multiple inheritance.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Moon - Compute the position of the Moon.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Star - Compute the position of a star.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun - Compute the position of the Sun.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE - Compute satellite locations using NORAD orbit propagation models
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Iridium - Compute behavior of Iridium satellites
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Set - Represent a set of data for the same ID.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils - Utility routines for astronomical calculations