Changes for version 0.088_02 - 2018-01-23
- Fix problem with Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun when Time::y2038 used.
Changes for version 0.088_01 - 2018-01-22
- New algorithm for equinoxes and solstices.
- The previous algorithm was an iterative solution based on finding the time at which the ecliptic longitude of the Sun has the correct value.
- The new algorithm is from Jean Meeus' "Astronomical Algorithms." 2nd edition, chapter 27 ("Equinoxes and Solstices"), and should be more accurate, at least for reasonably current times.
- If you want the old algorithm back, you can set new attribute 'iterate_for_quarters' to a true value.
- Correct typo in calculation of Sun's postion. The correction produced no change in the equinoxes and solstices calculated by iteration.
- Add eg/usno-seasons. This displays equinoxes and solstices for a given year, both as computed by Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun and as downloaded from the United States Naval Observatory.
- Astro::Coord::ECI - Manipulate geocentric coordinates
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Mixin - Provide common methods without multiple inheritance.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Moon - Compute the position of the Moon.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Star - Compute the position of a star.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Sun - Compute the position of the Sun.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE - Compute satellite locations using NORAD orbit propagation models
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Iridium - Compute behavior of Iridium satellites
- Astro::Coord::ECI::TLE::Set - Represent a set of data for the same ID.
- Astro::Coord::ECI::Utils - Utility routines for astronomical calculations