Changes for version 3.001
- Production release 1 of protocol version 3
- Zlib support
- new magic header to make it easier to detect UTF8 encoded data.
- Minor changes to how scalar values are serialized to favour more compact representations.
Changes for version 3.000_004
- HvRITER_set() is newer than perl 5.8.5, so fallback to using HvRITER() as an lvalue for setting it.
Changes for version 3.000_003
- Fix tests when encoder is not installed.
Changes for version 3.000_002
- Fixes from v3.000_001, primarily to looks_like_sereal().
- Doc clarifications, new magic header is forbidden on v1 and v2 documents, and required on v3 and later.
- Other minor fixes.
Changes for version 3.000_001
- Upgrade to version 3 of the protocol
- Add Zlib compression support to the protocol
- Add Zlib support to Encoder/Decoder
- Add CANONICAL_UNDEF tag to represent PL_sv_undef
- Change magic header so it is trivial to detect and reject utf8 encoded Sereal packets.
- Sereal::Decoder::Constants in lib/Sereal/Decoder/Constants.pm