Changes for version 1.06 - 2004-12-08
- Now uses the C<base> pragma instead of setting C<@ISA>.
Changes for version 1.05_04 - 2004-11-05
- Added WWW::Mechanize::Image object for representing images.
- Improved the regex on the URL for META tags.
- Added --images flag to mech-dump.
- Mark figured out to how to prevent his text editor from putting tabs into the code. Andy's blood pressure dropped slightly.
Changes for version 1.05_03 - 2004-10-31
- click_button() has a new input option for HTML::Form::SubmitInput objects (DOMQ)
- content() has new options to return the page formatted as text, with a <base href> added. (RT#8087, patch by Dominique Quatravaux)
- update_html() method has been added, which can be used to modify the HTML that Mech parses. It should be sub-classed instead of _parse_html(), which has been deprecated. (RT#8087, patch by Dominique Quatravaux)
- select() has new option to select an option by number (RT#5789, Scott Lanning)
- WWW::Mechanize::Link now has support providing all the attributes of the link through a new attrs() method, which returns them as a hashref. This is a replacement for the alt() method, added in 1.05_01. It's not backwards compatible with that, but, hey, that's what developer releases are for. (RT#8092, Rob Casey and Mark Stosberg)
- Upload <input type="file" ... > does not use the default value to prevent attacks, patch by Jan Pazdziora (RT #7843).
- Improved tests and documentation for select() (RT#5789, Scott Lanning)
- Improve taint-safeness on Perl 5.6.1 (RT#8042, patch by Dominique Quatravaux)
- Added tests for click_button() (RT#8061, by Dominique Quatravaux)
- Require URI 1.25, fixing bug which exposed itself in WWW::Mechanize (RT#3048)
- Move select() to better location in docs. Document and test the return values. The return value is now "1" on success instead of the undocumented behavior of returning a form value. (RT#6138, spotted by MJD, patched by Mark Stosberg)
- Possible matching tags for the find_link() 'tag_regex' attribute are now documented. (RT#2989, by Mark Stosberg)
- refactored find_link() to avoid use of eval(). This should improve performance a bit and avoid potential security issues. (Mark Stosberg)
Changes for version 1.05_02 - 2004-10-02
- Added the $mech->save_content( $filename ) function, so you can dump stuff to files easily.
Changes for version 1.05_01 - 2004-09-30
- set_visible() doesn't stop setting values when it finds a zero.
- WWW::Mechanize::Link has a new, easier to remember constructor interface. The old one is still supported. Support for including an 'alt' attribute was added, which is useful for <area> links. (RT #3317). Thanks to Mark Stosberg.
- When links are extracted from <area> tags, the ALT attribute will be captured and become part of the WWW::Mechanize::Link object. (RT #3317). Patch by Mark Stosberg.